Kaiko is a rapidly growing international start-up with a clear vision: to redefine how hospitals harness their data to revolutionize patient care, clinical research and operational effectiveness. Kaiko sees the potential for data to improve healthcare and aspires to be at the forefront of the AI revolution. Kaiko’s core offering, a data and AI platform, centralizes a hospital’s data from siloed systems, provides access at scale and enables cloud computing, storage and AI technology. Secure sharing, better data governance and privacy is fundamental to the offering. In Kaiko’s vision this platform will accommodate a large variety of use-cases across the health ecosystem, including AI development and integration in the hospital.
Founded in 2021 and majority owned by the Hartwig Foundation, Kaiko has since established a partnership with one of the leading cancer institutes in the Netherlands (NKI-AVL) and is expanding to other hospitals across the globe. With offices in both Amsterdam and Zurich, Kaiko unites data scientists, software engineers, medical experts and strategists from across the globe.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Software Engineer to join our team. This exciting role will be based in either Amsterdam or Zürich.
As part of an interdisciplinary R&D team the you will work in close collaboration with computational biologists, machine learning scientists and software engineers. You will develop cutting edge solutions at the intersection of machine learning and distributed systems.
Here is what you'll do in the role
- Develop and enhance reusable components and interfaces for medical applications. Examples can include medical image viewers, data reporting interfaces for clinicians or software performance monitoring UIs.
- Lead technical initiatives from design to delivery.
- Help manage the development infrastructure needed for web projects, including hosting, repos, and deployments.
- Collaborate closely with UX Designers to understand design requirements and user experience goals.
- Collaborate with the regulatory team for the continuous development and releases of medical software devices.
- Rapidly prototype user interfaces, allowing for quick iteration and feedback during the design and development process.
The ideal candidate
- Expertise in designing micro-frontend architecture.
- Experience with Unit and integration tests with Jest/Vitest, React Testing Library, and tools for end-to-end testing (e.g., Cypress).
- Experience with Git and version control concepts.
- Understanding of Single Sign On (SAML and/or Oauth).
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with the development team and stakeholders.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Tailwind CSS, Storybook.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience with starting Design Systems from scratch.
- Experience working and interacting with Open Source community.
- Experience with implementing and advocating for accessibility best practices, ensuring that all web applications comply with relevant standards (e.g., WCAG)
- Understanding of medical imaging standards, such as DICOM.
- Experience with “usability engineering” (IEC 62366-1) or “human-system interaction” (ISO 9241-210).
This position is a fulltime role. It is important for the applicant to be a resident in either The Netherlands or Switzerland, have a valid work permit and be within commutable distance from our office in Amsterdam or Zürich. Given the nature of Kaiko’s business and the fact that it deals with sensitive data, a Certificate of Conduct will be required upon finalizing the employment contract.
What can you expect?
At Kaiko we have an open, creative and non-hierarchical work atmosphere which offers continuous learning and direct impact in return for accountability and team spirit.
We offer flexibility - for instance, through remote working – alongside an expectation for managing and delivering your own goals; our team’s ownership, passion and shared commitment to improving health outcomes through data is something that sets us apart.
At the intersection of healthcare and data we recognize the implications on wellbeing and trust and approach our work with the utmost sensitivity. Data privacy, compliance and security are core to everything we do. Our open, creative environment gives talented people room to explore new ideas and we reward this with an attractive package and opportunities for further personal development.
Want to join Kaiko? Send us your application online (www.kaiko.ai) and we will contact you as soon as possible. At Kaiko we welcome everyone with equal enthusiasm. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org