Today's hospitals operate in an era of opportunity that is driven by data. Beginning with the digitization of health records, but now coupled with emerging technologies such as genomic sequencing and wearable medical devices, data has become a vast, untapped resource in healthcare and life sciences.
Kaiko operates within this environment and with a clear vision: to redefine how hospitals harness their data to revolutionize patient care, clinical research and operational effectiveness. This starts with their core offering, a data- and AI platform which centralizes a hospital’s data from siloed systems, provides access at scale and enables cloud computing, storage and AI technology. Secure sharing, better data governance and privacy are fundamental to their offering. In Kaiko’s vision this platform will accommodate a large variety of use-cases across the healthcare ecosystem, including AI development and integration in the hospital.
Founded in 2021 and majority owned by the Hartwig Foundation, Kaiko has since established a partnership with one of the leading cancer institutes in The Netherlands (NKI-AVL) and is expanding to other hospitals across the globe. With offices in both Amsterdam and Zürich, Kaiko unites data scientists, software engineers and medical experts.
At Kaiko, we have an open, creative and non-hierarchical work atmosphere which offers continuous learning and direct impact in return for accountability and team spirit.
We offer flexibility - for instance, through remote working – alongside an expectation for managing and delivering your own goals; our team’s ownership, passion and shared commitment to improving health outcomes through data is something that sets us apart.
At the intersection of healthcare and data we recognize the implications on wellbeing and trust, and approach our work with the utmost sensitivity. Data privacy, compliance and security are core to everything we do. Our open, creative environment gives talented people room to explore new ideas and we reward this with an attractive package and opportunities for further personal development.
About the role
In this exciting role you will be charge of planning, coordinating and supervising all people-related topics relating to our offices in Amsterdam and Zürich. Furthermore, as Kaiko was founded relatively recently, you will play a key role in order to further expand and professionalize the company i.e. by developing a best in class HR organization and providing the right policies and tools. As well as being hands-on with routine HR activities (i.e. admin-related topics w.r.t. payroll, expenses, leave) and listening to the needs of the Kaiko-team, you will act as a trusted advisor to the management team. You are an expert in the latest People & Culture best practices, have proven recruitment-/ employer branding experience and can drive organizational development and change when necessary. The HR Manager will be based in Amsterdam, reports to the CFO/COO and will work closely with our parttime HR consultant in Switzerland.
Here is what you'll do in the role
- Lead and shape the HR function
- Coordinate recruitment activities, including improving the on- & offboarding processes
- Further develop and implement HR strategies, processes and initiatives that align with Kaiko’s growth-strategy
- Develop Kaiko’s employer branding (i.e. website, social media, trade fairs, universities) and contribute to its energetic company culture by a.o. initiating events
- Implementing effective compensation and benefits packages including overseeing and managing a performance appraisal system that drives a high performing team
- Act as local point for coaching, training and development of the team members
- Manage all HR administrative tasks such as employment contracts, on- and offboarding, social insurances, payroll validation
- Manage external collaborations, e.g. with technical universities
- Ensure legal compliance with labor laws and legislation in both The Netherlands and Switzerland
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement and motivation of employees (including developing effective succession planning)
The ideal candidate
The successful candidate will have a broad knowledge base and experience in all aspects of HR. Furthermore, (s)he will have a affinity with a technology-driven start-up environment.
- At least five years HR-experience in similar role, preferably in a start-up environment
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Thorough understanding of Dutch labor laws
- Accurate (eye for detail), proactive, creative, problem-solving, hands-on attitude
- Excellent command of Dutch and English, German is a plus
- Interpersonal skills and in building strong working relationships with healthcare professionals
- Project management skills
- Proven knowledge and execution of successful business development strategies
- Excellent communication skills, with the capability of articulating Kaiko’s ongoing strategic product/market vision into sound operating business plans and processes
This HR Manager position is for 32-40 hours per week (0.8-1 FTE). It is important for the applicant to be a resident in The Netherlands, have a valid work permit and be within commutable distance from our office at the NKI-AVL in Amsterdam. Given the nature of Kaiko’s business and the fact that it deals with sensitive data, a Certificate of Conduct will be required upon finalizing the employment contract.
- An inspirational, extremely talented and internationally diverse team which ‘builds a submarine whilst also operating it’ and loves doing that
- A unique working experience in a fast-growing company which intends to revolutionize healthcare
- Autonomy, flexibility and the opportunity to do your work in the way it works best to you, as long as you deliver on your responsibilities
- An attractive and competitive salary, a good pension plan and upto 25 vacation days per year
- We value your personal & professional development; together we decide how we can support your growth.
Want to join Kaiko as our new HR Manager? Send us your application online and we will contact you as soon as possible. At Kaiko we welcome everyone with equal enthusiasm. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our recruiter, Noortje Mocking at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, check out HR Manager - FYGI Happy Recruiters and/or visit Kaiko online at www.kaiko.ai