Today's hospitals operate in an era of opportunity that is driven by data. Beginning with the digitization of health records, but now coupled with emerging technologies such as genomic sequencing and wearable medical devices, data has become a vast, untapped resource in healthcare and life sciences.
Kaiko operates within this environment and with a clear vision: to redefine how hospitals harness their data to revolutionize patient care, clinical research and operational effectiveness. This starts with their core offering, a data- and AI platform which centralizes a hospital’s data from siloed systems, provides access at scale and enables cloud computing, storage and AI technology. Secure sharing, better data governance and privacy are fundamental to their offering. In Kaiko’s vision this platform will accommodate a large variety of use-cases across the healthcare ecosystem, including AI development and integration in the hospital.
Founded in 2021 and majority owned by the Hartwig Foundation, Kaiko has since established a partnership with one of the leading cancer institutes in The Netherlands (NKI-AVL) and is expanding to other hospitals across the globe. With offices in both Amsterdam and Zürich, Kaiko unites data scientists, software engineers and medical experts.
At Kaiko, we have an open, creative and non-hierarchical work atmosphere which offers continuous learning and direct impact in return for accountability and team spirit.
We offer flexibility - for instance, through remote working – alongside an expectation for managing and delivering your own goals; our team’s ownership, passion and shared commitment to improving health outcomes through data is something that sets us apart.
At the intersection of healthcare and data we recognize the implications on wellbeing and trust, and approach our work with the utmost sensitivity. Data privacy, compliance and security are core to everything we do. Our open, creative environment gives talented people room to explore new ideas and we reward this with an attractive package and opportunities for further personal development.
About the role
For this newly created position in our vibrant start-up we are seeking an enthusiastic, versatile and hands-on Office Manager to oversee and manage all admin- & facility-related matters for our offices in Amsterdam and Zürich. The Office Manager will be responsible for providing operational support to our teams, manage stock and supplies, coordinate events, handle various administrative tasks and ensures that our offices are well-maintained and compliant with requirements. The position is based in Amsterdam and reports to the CFO/COO.
Here is what you'll do in the role
- Support Kaiko-colleagues in the broadest sense of the word, providing them with assets and helping them with other operational questions
- Manage all facility-related topics regarding our offices in Amsterdam and Zürich
- Manage and implement office policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations and standards
- Organize and coordinate events and meetings, including scheduling, catering, and logistics
- Be the first point of contact for certain external parties regarding catering, cleaning, security, and deliveries
- Handle various administrative tasks, including invoices/expenses, contracts, supporting the on-/offboarding activities, business trips, jubilees, etc.
- Manage internal communications (i.e. announcements, events)
The ideal candidate
- At least three years experience in office management, preferably in a start-up environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Accurate, strong organizational and problem-solving skills, combined with a high affinity for a digital work style
- Open mind-set, a can-do mentality and the ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English. Dutch and German are an added value
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, service oriented with the ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, most importantly your Kaiko-colleagues
- Ability to travel (to Zürich) occasionally
This Office Manager position is for 24-32 hours per week (0.6-0.8 FTE). It is important for the applicant to be a resident in The Netherlands, have a valid work permit and be within commutable distance from our office at the NKI-AVL in Amsterdam. Given the nature of Kaiko’s business and the fact that it deals with sensitive data, a Certificate of Conduct will be required upon finalizing the employment contract.
- An inspirational, extremely talented and internationally diverse team which ‘builds a submarine whilst also operating it’ and loves doing that
- A unique working experience in a fast-growing company which intends to revolutionize healthcare
- A good salary, pension plan
Want to join Kaiko as our new Office Manager? Send us your application online and we will contact you as soon as possible. At Kaiko we welcome everyone with equal enthusiasm. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com and/or visit Kaiko online at www.kaiko.ai